lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: External sort
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:58:09 GMT
There was a recent thread on neat algos that can compute the global
order in multiple passes to keep RAM usage low.

Mike

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Ganesh <emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We are facing serious issues related to Sorting in production environment. I know this
issues has been discussed in this group. I am using v2.9.1 I am having multiple shards and
i need to do only date time sorting. Sorting consumes 50% of RAM.

> Is anyone has attempted to use external sorting?
>
> Is there any way to index the records in sorted order. Sort and Merge the records at
indexing time and pull the records sorted by doc id?