lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Norm Value of not existing Field
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:13:48 GMT
This isn't easy to change; it's hardcoded, in oal.index.NormsWriter,
to 1.0, and also in SegmentReader, to 1.0 (when the field doesn't have
norms stored, but eg someone is requesting them anyway).  1.0 must
encode to 124.  I suppose we could empower Similarity to define what
the "undefined norm value" should be?  Wanna make a patch?

Mike