lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: TopFieldDocCollector and v3.0.0
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:40:24 GMT
The only difference to 3.0 is, that after moving to 3.0, you can remove lots
of unsafe casts and use generics (which does not work in 2.9, as it is Java
1.4 only). So this is the good thing when directly moving to 3.0.

But as the release notes for 3.0 denote, for new users that want to start
new projects, 3.0 is the best start because they get a clean generified and
type safe API (whichout old crap). For users porting from older versions,
the move through 2.9.1 is recommended. After the move to 3.0, you can (but
you must not) further update your code to use generics, which is not really
needed but will remove all compiler warnings.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de