lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem searching field with % as value
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:18:23 GMT
If you store the field unanalyzed it will be indexed as is.  You can
then search for it via a TermQuery, or use QueryParser with
PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper specifying KeywordAnalyzer for the field
containing this character.

Another approach is to replace the % with something easier to work
with.  You could do this yourself or, I think, with MappingCharFilter.

Personally I'd probably replace "%" with "percent" somewhere in my
code with a simple string replacement.

--
Ian.