lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool The Breezer <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter creates multiple .cfs files
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 11:13:48 GMT
Thanks Mike for your timely suggestion. Somehow readers are not reopened properly.

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tue, December 8, 2009 3:31:22 PM
Subject: Re: IndexWriter creates multiple .cfs files

IndexWriter takes care of merging the CFSs down, over time.  Have you
changed your mergeFactor?  It's odd to see 100s of CFSs.

Or maybe you're not closing the old reader on reopening a new one?
That would prevent deletion of the files.

Mike

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Cool The Breezer
<techcool.kumar@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jason for quick reply and suggestion. I am definitely going to change directory
implementation policy to have one .cfs file instead of hundreds in one directory.

> regards,
> Ranjan

also searches the index, which resulted in multiple .cfs files for each commit by IndexWriter.
I am not sure whether this is an expected behavior or I need to merge each time after IndexWriter
commits. In between the writer's commit, I reopen the IndexReader but still .cfs files keep
on increasing. I would like to have one .cfs file which can be reopened frequently by reader
and at the same time progressive commit by writer. Is it possible?