lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <>
Subject Re: Storing image with Lucene
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 02:44:18 GMT
Lucene supports string/int literals for indexing and searching. In other
words, anything that can be transformed into a string/int can be consumed by
the lucene api. Moreover, so are you trying to implement an image search? In
that case perhaps you'd have to either figure out a transform else try
something else.
If it is mere storage of an image in lucene (for a particular doc, to be
fetched) you may as well do what is done by other similar engines behind the
scenes e.g. for blob objects. Just store a path/link to the actual image
instead of image in the index and fetch it at runtime (in the wrapper code).

Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!