lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Weiwei Wang <ww.wang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document category identification in query
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 02:08:20 GMT
I think you can do this with search suggestion like algorithms.

First, you should categorize the search log, e.g. Thai Restaurant or Chinese
Restaurant or KFC should be assigned categories including Restaurant.

When user is typing, figure out from the search log which keyword is nearest
to the input and take that keyword's categories as the user input's
category.

BTW, I do not understand why you need to know the category of user input

--
Weiwei Wang
Alex Wang

Homepage: http://cs.nju.edu.cn/rl/weiweiwang