lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Weiwei Wang <ww.wang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index Update
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 03:24:24 GMT
What I'm doing now is to indexing all file paths in a bunch of ftp servers.

For ftp server administrator, he can add, delete or rename the files. So as
to keep pace with times, i need to do updating very often.

the process should be:
1. delete the old documents
2. add the new crawled ones
3. if error happend in process 2, rollback is performed
4. finish

I used two indexed mainly to do rollback, otherwise the logic may be
confused and not very clear.

Currently, i'm thinking how to do this job with only one copy of index.