lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Locking approach (Directory Lock)
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:24:18 GMT
I have multiple JVMs on different machines accessing the shared file system.
I don't really have multiple IndexWriters on the same JVM, I asked this just
out of curiosity.

So I don't understand from your reply if it's safe to use NoLockFactory, or
I should use SimpleFSLockFactory and unlock if needed?

Shai