lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool The Breezer <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter creates multiple .cfs files
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 06:43:06 GMT
Thanks Jason for quick reply and suggestion. I am definitely going to change directory implementation
policy to have one .cfs file instead of hundreds in one directory.

regards,
Ranjan

----- Original Message ----
From: Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherglen@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tue, December 8, 2009 12:00:59 PM
Subject: Re: IndexWriter creates multiple .cfs files

RB,

That's expected behavior, each .cfs corresponds to all of a
segment's files. You could write your own directory
implementation that underneath writes to a single file. It's
usually good to present what you're trying to accomplish (i.e.
the why).

Jason

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Cool The Breezer
<techcool.kumar@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Group,
>                  I am continuously updating an index and at the same time searcher also
searches the index, which resulted in multiple .cfs files for each commit by IndexWriter.
I am not sure whether this is an expected behavior or I need to merge each time after IndexWriter
commits. In between the writer's commit, I reopen the IndexReader but still .cfs files keep
on increasing. I would like to have one .cfs file which can be reopened frequently by reader
and at the same time progressive commit by writer. Is it possible?