lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Hill <solr-l...@worldware.com>
Subject Re: document with different index time boost returns same score
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:47:54 GMT
The docBoost, IIRC, is stored in a single byte, which combines the doc
boost, the field boost, and the length norm.
(
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_1/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html#formula_norm
)

Are the lengths of your documents the same? If not, this could be affecting
your scoring.

You can run luke (http://code.google.com/p/luke/) , and look at the values
for fieldNorm. It's on the documents tab.

Does the ordering look like it is based on these numbers? Then length
difference are probably what's happening to you.

Tom