lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to do relevancy ranking in lucene
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 05:15:44 GMT
yes ofcourse but am a beginner in using lucene. So i couldnt find out where , in which part
of the code is this ranking handled?

So kindly point me out the place or the code if possible

Thanks in advance,
Dhivya

--- On Thu, 3/12/09, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to do relevancy ranking in lucene
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Thursday, 3 December, 2009, 1:39 PM

I don't really understand your goal here. Lucene already does this with
it's relevancy ranking. By definition, it calculates a score for each
document and ranks them in order of the score. This is NOT a simple
"is the word in the document or not"....

You can read about the scoring algorithm here:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_1_0/scoring.html

If this is way off base, can you give us some details of why
the current ranking doesn't fit your needs?

Best
Erick