lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get a apache public license
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2009 05:50:12 GMT
Merry Christmas to you, Weiwei.

  If you want to release your software under *exactly* the Apache License
(version 2.0 is the most current form of it), you may do so very easily -
just read the appendix at the end of this page:

  In particular, note that becoming an "Apache Software Foundation" project
(via the Incubator process, as mentioned by Hira) is different than
releasing your code as Apache licensed.  Being an ASF project requires
applying, generating a community around your project, and is a large
undertaking.  Releasing your project as Apache licensed you may do without
asking anyone for permission or asking for any help - if you own the
copyright and patent rights to the work, you may release it under the Apache
license by putting the code somewhere for people to get (sourceforge,
google-code, github, your own server, wherever), and include the
above-mentioned license file.

  -jake