lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shakti Purohit <shakti_puro...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Lucene Index size v/s available memory
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 05:27:26 GMT
We are required to find out how much percentage/part of lucene index needs to be in memory
for acceptable search response time. The index size we have is around 100 GB while the available
memory is 24 GB. Since we do not have the option of loading whole of the index in memory we
wanted to know what minimum part of lucene index be loaded in memory so that response time
is not affected.
Does the index consist of any files or hierarchy such that loading only this file/information
in memory and not whole of the index would suffice for faster response time.

The other question I have is how many queries per second lucene can support? We are interested
in finding out throughput of the system.

Thanks,
Shakti

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.