lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishna...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to do relevancy ranking in lucene
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:42:47 GMT
Hi all,
Am using lucene 2.3.2.
When i search using lucene demo am getting all the results which contains the query. But i
would like to restrict my results to the relevant match and not all the documents containing
the query string.

Ex:
Query: how to search a string?

Response am getting is: all documents containing words - search, string

Desired response: I would like to compare the documents that contains both the words and
the documents that contains anyone word of the query string - to find the relevant documents.

Kindly suggest me as how i should proceed and the details regarding this context.
Urgent help needed.

Thanks in advance for the timely help.
Dhivya