lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index Update
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 03:18:49 GMT
Quick addition. Even if you commit/close your indexwriter, you
*still* won't see the changes in your search unless you repoen the
indexreader. But you have to do both (in the order above) to
see all the changes you've added via your indexwriter.....

but there's no reason to hold off on committing changes in
your indexwriter for a long time and risk losing the changes
should your program abort.....

HTH
Erick