lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to do relevancy ranking in lucene
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:39:06 GMT
I don't really understand your goal here. Lucene already does this with
it's relevancy ranking. By definition, it calculates a score for each
document and ranks them in order of the score. This is NOT a simple
"is the word in the document or not"....

You can read about the scoring algorithm here:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_1_0/scoring.html

If this is way off base, can you give us some details of why
the current ranking doesn't fit your needs?

Best
Erick