lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mohsen Saboorian <mohs...@gmail.com>
Subject Highlighter doesn't highlight wildcard queries after updating to 2.9.1/3.0.0
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:46:40 GMT

After updating to 2.9.x or 3.0, highlighter doesn't work on wildcard queries
like "abc*". I thought that it would be because of scoring, so I also set
myIndexSearcher.setDefaultFieldSortScoring(true, true) before searching.
I tested with both QueryScorer and QueryTermScorer.

In my custom highlightTerm(String originalText, TokenGroup tokenGroup)
method, tokenGroup.getTotalScore() is always <= 0 for these queries.

Mohsen