lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From frer <francois.e...@polymtl.ca>
Subject Re: Query joining 2 indexes
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:42:49 GMT

Thanks for your answer,

I didn't think that using:          Document doc irHourly.doc(<id in hit>);
would be much faster than using the searcher. I will try that.

I have one question though: what is the <id in hit> you reffer to.  Since I
have searched in the daily index, what is the corresponding hit on the
hourly index if i haven't searched in the hourly index yet?

Thanks for your help,

Francois

PS: Concerning your idea to merge the hourly and daily index, I did think
about that but the quantity of info I have is already way too large in both
indexes (about 100 fields in each) to repeat that information so many times.
My Index is already of 10GB.