lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kanayo <richies4...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem searching field with % as value
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:04:42 GMT

Hi,

I am a newbie to lucene. I am using Standard Analyzer in my lucene project.
I am indexing some fields which may contain only "%" as a field value and it
indexes fine and i can view the value against the field in the index using
Luke.

However when i try to retrieve the same field using indexsearcher and
passing "%" as a query parameter nothing is retrieved. It is simply being
ignored. I have also tried to escape the "%" while searching but still no
results.

Is there anything am not doing right?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.