lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From fei liu <liufeipeki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document category identification in query
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 02:36:44 GMT
Query classification is an interesting question and there are many papers
discussed this. For more infomation, you could refe these papers, "A
taxonomy of web search", "Understanding user goal in web search", "Our
winning solution to query classification in KDDCUP 2005".

In your question, i think you can do this by two steps. First, use query to
retrieve document, then use the category information of retrieveled
documents to classify the query using algorithm such as KNN. Second, use the
query and query classification information to retrieve documents again.

--
Liu Fei(刘飞)