lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject External sort
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:48:02 GMT
Hello all,

We are facing serious issues related to Sorting in production environment. I know this issues
has been discussed in this group. I am using v2.9.1 I am having multiple shards and i need
to do only date time sorting. Sorting consumes 50% of RAM.

Is anyone has attempted to use external sorting?

Is there any way to index the records in sorted order. Sort and Merge the records at indexing
time and pull the records sorted by doc id?

Any other ideas.... I need to do sort with less memory. Performance is not the concern.

Regards
Ganesh