lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Savvas-Andreas Moysidis <savvas.andreas.moysi...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Is it a lucene bug?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:24:48 GMT
hi,

I’m not exactly sure I understand they the type of sorting you are trying to
achieve.

You have an updateTime field and you mention that "We want the new document
in the
front and also want high score document in the front".

My take on this is that you want to first sort by the updateTime and then by
score but you say this is not the case?

Instead of calculating a boost value with f(t) can you not calculate and
index the actual value you need for every document?

Then you can  first sort by this value and then by score?

regards,

savvas