lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fabrício Raphael <fabricio...@gmail.com>
Subject Help me with this error on indexing
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:18:08 GMT
Hi,

I am evaluating several search algoritms, and I iterate on each. In each
interation I delete the index directory, index the docs and I run the
evaluation on the algoritm. The end of the iteration I close the
indexReader.

Then, in the second iteration the following error occurs int the doc 1154
indexing:

adding docs\1148
adding docs\1149
adding docs\1150
adding docs\1151
adding docs\1152
adding docs\1153
adding docs\1154
java.io.IOException: Cannot overwrite: index\_zk.cfs
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.initOutput(FSDirectory.java:362)
    at
org.apache.lucene.store.SimpleFSDirectory.createOutput(SimpleFSDirectory.java:58)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter.close(CompoundFileWriter.java:150)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.createCompoundFile(DocumentsWriter.java:618)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.doFlushInternal(IndexWriter.java:4320)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.doFlush(IndexWriter.java:4174)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.flush(IndexWriter.java:4165)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.prepareCommit(IndexWriter.java:4055)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commit(IndexWriter.java:4118)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commit(IndexWriter.java:4096)

This is the code:

public void addDocument(Document doc) throws CorruptIndexException,
            IOException {
        synchronized (getIndexWriter()) {
                getIndexWriter().addDocument(doc);
                getIndexWriter().commit();