lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <>
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 03:29:45 GMT
Hi all.

We updated to Lucene 2.9, and now we find that after closing our text
index, it is not possible to rename the directory in which it resides
(we are actually renaming a directory further up the hierarchy.)

We discovered that the following files were still open by the process:

  _0.tis, _0.frq, _0.prx, _0.fdt, _0.fdx, _0.tvx, _0.tvd, _0.tvf

We are calling IndexWriter.close() shortly before attempting to write
to the directory (a few lines of code earlier) so I suspect it could
be related to timing somehow if Lucene is perhaps still doing
something on a background thread at this time (though I was under the
impression that close() waited for merges and so forth to complete
before returning.)

Nuix                                                email data analysis                                and eDiscovery software

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message