lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <>
Subject Directory.list() deprecation
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 05:39:17 GMT
Hi all.

I am trying to clean up some deprecated calls which are showing up on
upgrading to 2.9.0 (from 2.3.2...), and I have just come across
Directory.list(), which says this:

> Deprecated For some Directory implementations (FSDirectory, and its subclasses), this
method silently filters its results to include only index files. Please use listAll instead,
which does no filtering.

  * We have files in there which aren't Lucene's so obviously
listAll() will not work.
  * We can't use FSDirectory directly because our tests rely on the
Directory abstraction so that they can use a RAMDirectory.

Given this, what is the suggested replacement for this method once it goes away?

I'm not sure I understand the motivation for the change in list(), but
I do think it was inconsistent for Directory implementations to
perform different filtering (they should have at least all used the
same filter.)

Nuix                                                email data analysis                                and eDiscovery software

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message