lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: void touchFile() should return the boolean result of the setLastModified
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:52:00 GMT
We discussed about this method yesterday in the evening. The abstract base
class defines the method as throwing an IOException. So the correct
behaviour would be to throw an IOException if setLastModified returns false
(which happens according to the docs, if the date cannot be changed because
of an IO/FS prob).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler