lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: how to match a term within digital strings?
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 06:57:37 GMT
If you *only* want to do wildcard queries on that field with a * in front, I
would suggest to reverse the string so the query uses the * at the end.
Wildcards at the beginning are very slow, because every term from this field
has to be enumerated. If the wildcard is at the end, because you made all
strings backwards during indexing it gets thousands of times faster.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de