lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: lucene 2.9+ numeric indexing
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:30:49 GMT
That's indeed strange. The problem has nothing to do with
NumericField/NumericUtils and corresponding FieldCache parsing at all, it is
more the autodetection falling back to NumericField parser, if the first
term is not parseable as old-style numeric. Because of that you get this
error message, because also the second try (parsing as NumericField fails).

Is only this one term (the first one in this field, because the autodetect
is only done there) maybe corrupt and you haven't seen it with Luke?

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de