lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene Java 3.0.0 RC1 now available for testing
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:46:01 GMT
Yes, just add the field two times to Document (with the same name), to
achieve this.

Using the same name is no problem, as between stored and inverted fields no
relation exists. Lucene always created internally "two fields" with the same
name. You can still do this, but if you want to compress, you have to do it
manually by creating the compressed byte[] and adding it as stored-only
binary field.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen