lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: RamDirectory and FS at the same moment
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:45:02 GMT
Are you sure you even need to do this (manage separate RAMDir)?  Ie
what's driving this (performance)?

IndexWriter already has its own RAM buffer for newly added docs / deletions.

You can use the new near-realtime API (IndexWriter.getReader) in 2.9
to reopen your IndexReader, for searching the full index plus all
changes made with that IndexWriter instance... in my tests this gives
very good performance even at rather high reopen frequency (10X per
second).

Mike