lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Help me with this error on indexing
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:50:46 GMT
Are you absolutely certain you are closing the IndexReader after each
iteration?  That exception looks like there is still a file open...

Committing after every added document is hideously inefficient
(though, should not cause exceptions like what you're seeing).  It's
best to commit (or, simply close), at the end, when you're just
building up a new index.

It's also not a good idea to sync(IndexWriter), because that can lead
to deadlock (Lucene syncs on it internally).  Further, it's not
necessary since IW can take advantage of concurrency when multiple
threads call addDocument at once.

Mike