lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: token positions
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:18:16 GMT
The character offset info is only stored if you enable
Field.TermVector.WITH_OFFSETS or WITH_POSITIONS_OFFSETS on the field.

Then, it can only be retrieved if you get the term vectors for that
document, and locate the term & specific occurrence that you're
interested in.

This is likely quite a bit more costly than what you're doing now
(using payloads) so if you retrieve this eg for every hit it's
probably best to stick with payloads.

Mike