lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter.close() no longer seems to close everything
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:39:57 GMT
Alas, I can't repro this problem ("leaking file descriptors with NRT"), either.

I've got a decent stress test setup -- start with a 5M Wikipedia
index, update (delete & add) @ 1000 docs/sec (using 2 threads), reopen
10X per second, searching at redline (using 9 threads), and the open
file descriptors look contained.

Are you using compound format or not?  Do you hit any odd exceptions
in your test?  Any other differences in how Zoie uses Lucene NRT that
you can think of...?

Mike

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM, John Wang <john.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I have code in the finally block to call IndexReader.close for every
> reader I get from IndexWriter.getReader.
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Michael McCandless <
> lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>
>> Does this look like a real leak John?  You're definitely closing every
>> reader you get back from getReader?
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:41 PM, John Wang <john.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I am seeing the samething, but only when IndexWriter.getReader is called
>> at
>> > a high rate.
>> >
>> > from lsof, I see file handles growing.
>> >
>> > -John