lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: 2 phase commit with external data
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:02:53 GMT
Can you use IndexWriter.getReader() to get the reader for step 2?

Failing that, you could simply commit the change, but use a deletion
policy that keeps the old commit alive.  Then open a normal reader and
read whatever you need for step 2, and commit the external file.  If
an error happens and you need to rollback you can simply open a new
IndexWriter on the old commit point -- this lets you rollback even if
the commit has already happened.

Mike