lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Directory.list() deprecation
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:26:05 GMT
Well... you can use oal.index.IndexFileNameFilter.getFilter() to
filter for only the Lucene index files, or, you could filter for the
additional files you know you've placed in the index directory?

The motivation for this change was that Directory is the wrong place
to have "smarts" about what is & isn't an index file: it's too
low-level (and, different Directory impls were inconsistent).
Especially with flexible indexing coming, where a codec can write
whatever files it wants, the Directory has no way know.

Some details are in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1468.

Mike

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Daniel Noll <daniel@nuix.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am trying to clean up some deprecated calls which are showing up on
> upgrading to 2.9.0 (from 2.3.2...), and I have just come across
> Directory.list(), which says this:
>
>> Deprecated For some Directory implementations (FSDirectory, and its subclasses),
this method silently filters its results to include only index files. Please use listAll instead,
which does no filtering.