lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Index files not deleted after optimization
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:33:05 GMT
Something must still have these file handles open at the time the
optimization completed.

EG do you have a reader open on this index?

Mike

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Ganesh <emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using Lucene 2.4.1 and My app is running inside Tomcat.
>
> In Windows, after database optimization, the old db files are not getting deleted. I
enabled the info stream and found the below entries. I used ProcessExplorer from SysInternals
to view the lock file, but old db files are not locked by any process. Even rename of those
files are successful. If i stop the tomcat, old db files are deleted. I could see only the
optimized segment files.  The same code works fine in Linux. I am facing this issue in Windows
XP and 2003.

> IFD [FLUSH]: IndexFileDeleter: unable to remove file "_0.frq": java.io.IOException: Cannot
delete <FolderName>\_0.frq>; Will re-try later.
> IFD [FLUSH]: delete "_0.prx"
> IFD [FLUSH]: IndexFileDeleter: unable to remove file "_0.prx": java.io.IOException: Cannot
delete <FolderName>\_0.prx; Will re-try later.
> IFD [FLUSH]: delete "_0.tis"
> IFD [FLUSH]: IndexFileDeleter: unable to remove file "_0.tis": java.io.IOException: Cannot
delete <FolderName>\_0.tis; Will re-try later.