lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From fulin tang <tangfu...@gmail.com>
Subject Is Lucene a good choice for PB scale mailbox search?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:35:57 GMT
We are going to add full-text search for our mailbox service .

The problem is we have more than 1 PB mails there , and obviously we
don't want to add another PB storage for search service , so we hope
the index data will be small enough for storage while the search keeps
fast .

The lucky is that every user just search with mails of their own , so
we can split the data into a lot of indexes instead of keeping them in
a big one .

So, after all these concerns ,  the question is , is lucene a good
choice for this ? or which is the right way to do this ? Does anyone
have done this  before ?

All opinions and comments are welcome !

fulin

--