lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishna...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Need help regarding implementation of autosuggest using jquery
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:37:13 GMT
Thanks for ur suggestion. By the way will u please give me some more details about TermEnum
and its usage. Because am a beginner in using lucene and i want some theoritical explanations
for TermEnum. So kindly provide me a website or any tutorial's link that provides ample information
regarding TermEnum

--- On Wed, 25/11/09, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

From: Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de>
Subject: RE: Need help regarding implementation of autosuggest using jquery
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, 25 November, 2009, 9:54 AM

Hi Dhivya,

you can iterate all terms in the index using a TermEnum, that can be
retrieved using IndexReader.terms(Term startTerm).

If you are interested in all terms from a specific field, position the
TermEnum on the first possible term in this field ("") and iterate until the
field name changes. As terms in the TermEnum are first ordered by field name
then by term text (in UTF-16 order), the loop would look like this:

IndexReader reader = ...
String field = ....
Field = field.intern(); // important for the while loop
TermEnum tenum = reader.terms(new Term(field,""));
try {
    do {
        final Term term = tenum.term();
        if (term==null || term.field()!=field) break;
        final String termText = term.text();
        // do something with the termText
    } while (tenum.next());
} finally {