lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: How to deal with Token in the new TS API
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:58:16 GMT
> But I do use addAttribute(Token.class), so I don't understand why you say
> it's not possible. And I completely don't understand why the new API
> allows
> me to just work w/ interfaces and not impls ... A while ago I got the
> impression that we're trying to get rid of interfaces because they're not
> easy to maintain back-compat with ...

AddAttribute(Token.class) should throw an Exception, but it doesn't (it's a
bug in 3.0). addAttribute should only affect interfaces, it also accepts
Token, because the AttributeFactory accepts it - bang.

Sorry, but you can only pass attribute class literals to
addAttribute/getAttribute/hasAttribute and so on.

Sorry.

Uwe