lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishna...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Need help regarding implementation of autosuggest using jquery
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:39:28 GMT
Sir,

Your suggestion was fantastic.

I tried the below mentioned code but it is showing me the entire result of indexed words starting
from the letter that i give as input.
Ex:
if i give "fo"
am getting all the indexes from the word starting with fo upto words starting with z.
i.e. it starts displaying from the word matching the search word and ends up with the last
word available in the index file.

Kindly suggest me a solution for this problem

Thanks in advance,
Dhivya

--- On Wed, 25/11/09, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

From: Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de>
Subject: RE: Need help regarding implementation of autosuggest using jquery
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, 25 November, 2009, 9:54 AM

Hi Dhivya,

you can iterate all terms in the index using a TermEnum, that can be
retrieved using IndexReader.terms(Term startTerm).

If you are interested in all terms from a specific field, position the
TermEnum on the first possible term in this field ("") and iterate until the
field name changes. As terms in the TermEnum are first ordered by field name
then by term text (in UTF-16 order), the loop would look like this:

IndexReader reader = ...
String field = ....
Field = field.intern(); // important for the while loop
TermEnum tenum = reader.terms(new Term(field,""));
try {
    do {
        final Term term = tenum.term();
        if (term==null || term.field()!=field) break;
        final String termText = term.text();
        // do something with the termText
    } while (tenum.next());
} finally {