lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to find the fields that are indexed?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:08:10 GMT
Lucene will index and store the fields that you tell it to when a
document is written to the index.

In lucene 2.4 doc.getFields() returns a List of all the fields in a
document and probably in 2.3.2 as well.  See the javadoc.  That will
tell you the fields that have been stored but I think not necessarily
those that have been indexed i.e. made searchable.

Luke can tell you pretty much everything about an index.

--
Ian.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM, DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishnan87@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sir,
>
> Am using lucene 2.3.2. I would like to know what are the fields that are been indexed?
>
> Ex:
>
> doc.get("path");
>
> this statement returns the path of the document
>
> like "path" what are the other fields of the document used by lucene
>
> I went through converting all the class files to java files and read all the files. But
i got confused with the things available in cluster.