lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shahid Faiz <sfaiz.in...@gmail.com>
Subject one to many relationship
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:44:37 GMT
Hi,

Could anyone comment on how should I handle one-to-many relationship of
domain objects in lucene? I have been searching the archive but was unable
to find any answer. I have read about Compass but I am afraid it will also
cost some performance penalty, any link to performance comparison will be
really helpful.

In my application, I have two entities e.g Article and Group. One article
can be categorized under zero or many groups. I don't need to index groups
data but while indexing Articles, I have to store groups information (at
least group ids) with each article, so that user can search articles in a
particular group.

Thanks,
sfaiz