lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LockObtainFailedException
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:08:04 GMT
Hi Chris,

Isn't there a reply @ the older thread?
In case there isn't, this is generally observed when an indexwriter is not
closed properly i.e. just not closed.
The lock is created on opening the indexwriter to maintain the sanity of the
index. This lock gets removed on closing writer.close(). In case of
exceptions, when the indexwriter.close() is not closed, the subsequent call
to an index operation (opening a writer) would result in a
lockobtainfailedexception.
Try using a finally block to handle such cases.

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!