lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject NearSpansUnordered payloads
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:49:42 GMT
I'm interested in getting the payload information from the
matching span, however it's unclear from the javadocs why
NearSpansUnordered is different than NearSpansOrdered in this
regard.

NearSpansUnordered returns payloads in a hash set that's
computed each method call by iterating over the SpanCell as a
linked list, whereas NearSpansOrdered stores the payloads in a
list (which is ordered) only when collectPayloads is true.

At first glance I'm not sure how to correlate the payload with
the span match using NSU, nor why they're different.