lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: recovering terms hit from wildcard queries
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:02:30 GMT
> Thanks - that might work though I believe would produce many queries
> instead
> of just one to maintain the specific Term used to match a given hit
> document.
>
> I presume then I would get all the actual terms from the WildcardTermEnum
> that my wildcard containing string refers to and then use them each in
> separate query so I could know precisely which Term is associated with a
> given document.

The solution for this is IndexReader's TermDocs. Just retrieve the next term
(while loop) and them seek the TermDocs to the returned Term and iterate all
document Ids. That's how the query internally works.

The code that does this can be found in MultiTermQueryWrapperFilter (it
iterates over such a FilteredTermEnum and retrieves all document ids for
each term), that marks them in a OpenBitSet.

Just rewrite the loop and you get what you want.