lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Equality Numeric Query
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:54:36 GMT
Hi

I index documents with numeric fields using the new Numeric package. I
execute two types of queries: range queries (for example, [1 TO 20}) and
equality queries (for example 24.75). Don't mind the syntax.

Currently, to execute the equality query, I create a NumericRangeQuery with
the lower/upper value being 24.75 and both limits are set to inclusive. Two
questions:
1) Is there a better approach? For example, if I had indexed the values as
separate terms, I could create a TermQuery.
2) Can I run into precision issues such that 24.751 will be matched as well?

Shai