lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Tignor <ctig...@thinkmap.com>
Subject Phrase query with terms at same location
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:20:08 GMT
Hello,

I have indexed words in my documents with part of speech tags at the same
location as these words using a custom Tokenizer as described, very
helpfully, here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200607.mbox/%3C20060712115026.38897.qmail@web26002.mail.ukl.yahoo.com%3E

I would like to do a search that retrieves documents when a given word is
used with a specific part of speech, e.g. all docs where "report" is used as
a noun.

I was hoping I could use something like a PhraseQuery with "report _n" (_n
is my noun part of speech tag) with some sort of identifier that describes
the words as having to be at the same location - like a null slop or
something.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

thanks so much,

--
TH!NKMAP

Christopher Tignor | Senior Software Architect
155 Spring Street NY, NY 10012
p.212-285-8600 x385 f.212-285-8999