lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Tignor <ctig...@thinkmap.com>
Subject recovering terms hit from wildcard queries
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:39:32 GMT
Hello,

Firstly, thanks for all the good answers and support form this mailing list.

Would it be possible and if so, what would be the best way to recover the
terms filled in for a wildcard query following a successful search?

For example:
If I parse and execute a query using the string "my*" and get a collection
of document ids that match this search,
is there a good way to determine whether this query found "myopic", "mylar"
or some other term without loading/searching the returned documents?

thanks!

--
TH!NKMAP

Christopher Tignor | Senior Software Architect
155 Spring Street NY, NY 10012
p.212-285-8600 x385 f.212-285-8999