lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Newton <glen.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Java 3.0.0 RC1 now available for testing
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:24:29 GMT
Yes, I would agree with you on the surprise aspect. :-)

But you suggest hiding complexity, and being in control and having
transparency are mutually exclusive, which isn't necesarily the case.

I think I can live with the decisions made. :-)
If I can think of a viable and complete alternative, I'll run it by
the community.

thanks,
Glen

2009/11/18 Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>:
> Well, I think some people will be for hiding complexity, while others will be for being
in control and having transparency.  Think how surprised one would be to find 1 extra field
in his index, say when looking at their index with Luke. :)
>  Otis
> --
> Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
> Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR

If

All

The

-